Friday, August 7, 2015

Leap of Faith

Today I turned in my 2 week notice. It all happened so quickly, and honestly my mind went blank. Everything felt so surreal, because taking a big leap of faith like this is not an usual thing I would do.

My boss asked, "well, do you have a job lined up"?

The truth is, I don't just want a job. I want a career. I spent 4 years climbing up the corporate ladder, only to realize that it is taking me to somewhere I don't want to be. I know I can become successful at what I do if I stay, but so what? It'll only be a success at something I hate, and the corporate world is slowly shaping me into someone I once loathe. I'd rather start over again pursuing something I love, and find myself in the process. I know of many coworkers and friends, stuck at a job they hate yet they refuse to leave because of things like benefits and 401K investments. These are legitimate concerns that had held me back many times, until finally I realized that we are all forgetting one truth. All these are just materialistic things. The most important thing we should invest in is OURSELVES.

You cannot swim if you always have one leg on land. If you want to accomplish something, you have to give it your all. You can continue doing the same things that make you miserable and complain everyday. Or you can take a leap of faith and start out anew. Just remember, the choice is always yours. 


No comments:

Post a Comment